Wednesday, September 08, 2010

LA County Fair

What's a summer without a county fair? A bad one!

I missed out on the California State Fair, but fortunately, I found out about the LA County Fair and that it was opening the same weekend we were going to be in LA for a wedding. SCORE!!! So, as soon as we landed in LA, dealt with some car rental issues, and checked into our hotel, we headed straight for the fair. I hadn't eaten anything but two donuts for breakfast, so by the time we entered the gates of the fairgrounds at 7:30pm, I was famished and about ready to eat a horse.

First food stand we saw:
turkey legs and giant sausages


A Ginormous Sausage Hot Dog
This sausage hot dog was larger than the plate

It was the size of my arm! The kicker was that The Boy and I EACH this giant sausage. We were just that hungry. We ate most of it - The Boy threw away the bun and I had a couple of bites of the bun.

My first deep fried twinkie, which I thought just tasted like fried dough.
Deep Fried Twinkie


My last fair food of the night - Grilled Corn on the Cob. MY MOST FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD!!!
BBQ Corn on the Cob

Don't I look just lovely with this corn in my mouth?

Although I didn't get to spend 10 hours at the fair as I would have liked to, it was a good time overall.  The best part was that the sun wasn't out anymore so it was a beautiful cool night.  We got to see the OUR BODY exhibit - really interesting but a bit creepy nonetheless.  It's amazing how meticulous the surgery skills were to prep those bodies for display.

I'll have to try extra hard to make the state fair next year!

No comments: