Monday, September 27, 2010

how's this for a beer...eh root beer

The Boy and I were shopping at The Nugget where we picked up a couple of colorfully named non-alcoholic drinks.

non-alcoholic beverages

He picked out the Rat Bastard root beer and I chose the Cock & Bull ginger beer, mostly because I just wanted to go up and down the aisles saying "I'm going to enjoy my cock & bull tonight!"  Yes, very juvenile, I know.
beer brands

So, the Rat Bastard root beer tastes just like root beer.  Nothing spectacular about it.  I betcha it would have tasted pretty good with a couple of scoops of ice-cream.

The Cock & Bull ginger beer was quite spicy.  The Boy did not like it all because he doesn't handle the taste of ginger very well.  His roommates and I once did a shot of ginger juice, straight from their juicer.  A shot of ginger juice gives you a burn in the tummy for about half an hour.  But I definitely felt a surge of energy shortly thereafter.  The ginger beer has a similar effect, although no burning of the stomach for half an hour -more like just a thirty second burning.  I think ginger beer would be great for digestion.

Now I wonder if there really is such a thing as Butter Beer outside the wizarding world.

No comments: