Tuesday, September 14, 2010

fair food fodder

Here are pictures of  some of the food stands from the LA County Fair.  I wanted to try all of the fair food, but alas, my tummy is not that big, and plus I don't want to stretch it out any further than it already is!


First time that I have seen chocolate covered bacon being offered at a county fair. The only other time I've seen chocolate covered bacon (and also tasted) was at Co Co Sala.



I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!


Lots of Deep Fried Food

I have to admit that I was a bit tempted to try the deep fried White Castle hamburger.



I really did want to try out some BBQ, but since this is Cali and not North Carolina, I wasn't that disappointed in passing it up.



As you can see, King Taco was very popular.


Moo Market

The Moo Market, where all they sold was milk, and I think ice-cream too but I didn't venture too close. It was a walk-by picture moment.


Is this better than the Pork Parfait?

BBQ Steak Sundae - yum or eww? I know at least two people who would like to taste this concoction (neither of whom includes me).


Missed the pig races this year. =(

Sadly, I missed the pig races this year. It was the one thing I looked forward to the most, and we missed it by a longshot (mostly because they didn't have signs or announcements as to when the races were to start).



And this was just too funny not to take a picture of. And yes, the stuff was pretty crappy.

No comments: