Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter goodness

Started off with appetizers, one of which consisted of a veggie platter. The three of us who likes to eat veggies tried to eat most of it, but we were all saving room for the ham.

Veggie Platter

Asparagus and goat cheese. Well, I think it's goat cheese. I'm not a fan of cheese, so I kinda swallowed the white stuff really really fast so as not to taste it too much (I was being polite by not pushing food aside on my plate!). The asparagus was really good.

Asparagus and goat cheese

Brussels sprouts sauteed in butter. (I didn't realize that you spell it with one "l" and a "s", and I kept thinking the spell checker was wrong.)  Before this eating fest, I have never had brussels sprouts before. I had this idea that most everyone hates brussels sprouts, especially little kiddies, because of some horrible taste to it. I tried one little brussels sprout -- it tasted like cabbage, a mini-cabbage. Well, I don't have the idea that brussels sprouts taste bad, but I don't think I'm adding it to my favorite veggies list either.

Brussel Sprouts

I believe this is called crudites, but correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever it's called, it was delicious.

Crudites (?)

Potatoes Au Gratin. Oh. My. Gosh. This was some really good potatoes. I'm not going to share the story of how someone poked their finger in the middle of the pan, but nonetheless, the potatoes were a hit. I wish I could have eaten the whole pan, but there was this thing called sharing that I had to do.

Potatoes Au Gratin

Baked ham with pineapple glaze. Also known as Henry and Henrietta.

Henry and Henrietta, Baked Hams

The ham was sooooooooo good. Just look at all this ham. And that's just the plate that was cut-up to serve for dinner. I didn't take a picture of the remaining Henry and half of Henrietta left in the baking pan.

Sliced ham.

Strawberry Chiffon Shortcake made by yours truly. Yes, it was a ginormous cake. I didn't realize it would be so big, but hey, more for everyone! (recipe to follow in separate post).

Strawberry Shortcake

And this is the bunny cake that never got to be eaten, but it did get cut up and divided among the guests as leftovers. I was lucky enough to get the bunny butt and the bunny head.

Bunny cake

I had the bunny butt for dessert tonight. It was really good chocolate cake!

No comments: