Thursday, April 15, 2010

birthday dinner 2010

This year, I hit the end of a decade and am starting on the next 10 years of life. When I was 20, I had my time line planned so that by the time I turned 30, I would have a steady job, be married, and just starting on making babies.  So, it was tough to actually hit the big 3-0, mostly because I am still a student, I am unemployed, I own no real estate, and I am not married (although I am in a wonderfully committed relationship with The Boy). My friends keep telling me that 40 is the new 30, but you know what? Only people who have already rolled over the 30 hill are saying that 40 is the new 30 and they're just saying that to make themselves feel better. I'm still depressed about getting old.

The Spread

Anyways, what better way to drown your sorrows than by eating? So with the help of T and AL, we went to my favorite Chinese restaurant, China Garden (also the only good Chinese restaurant I know) and pigged out on some good eats. T and I had a dinner of seafood goodness while AL stuck to her fried rice and spareribs. Oh gosh, I wish I was having a repeat birthday dinner right now.

Salt & Pepper Prawns
Salt & Pepper Prawns

Ginger Scallion Lobster
Ginger & Scallion Lobster

Chinese Spareribs
China Garden Spareribs

House Fried Rice
House Fried Rice

all gone

As you can see, dinner was quite delicious, down to the very last bite.

No comments: