Sunday, April 11, 2010

chocolate + cream cheese = cupcakes

So, we're going to back track in time a little bit so I can catch up on some food posts.

Chocolate bottom cupcakes

First up, black-bottom cupcakes recipe from Smitten Kitchen (I just LOVE Smitten Kitchen). When I first wanted to try out this recipe, it was supposed to be my contribution for dessert at a game night with friends. However, I ended up having a really bad cold so no game night for me, and no cupcakes for anyone.

lining the pans

So I ended up making the cupcakes as an extra dessert for Easter dinner. 

This was a ridiculously easy recipe. Just make the chocolate cake, then make the cream cheese filling, and finally mashed them all together in a cupcake pan.

Batter in the oven

I would also suggest using some piping device to put the cream cheese filling deeper into the center of the cupcake (as evidenced by the better looking ones on the left).

End result

These go very well with a glass of milk. I like my cupcakes warm, but these taste even better (and make well for a breakfast item!) after they have been refrigerated. Good eats!

No comments: