Sunday, March 07, 2010

tomato sausage lasagna

Since I was visiting The Boy in SF, I decided to celebrate his birthday early so that I could actually celebrate with him in person instead of the usual birthday phonecall. I said I would cook him anything he wanted for his "birthday dinner." And The Boy wanted my lasagna that I make so well, aka Martha Stewart's recipe for Tomato Sausage Lasagna (I tweaked the recipe by doubling the amount of sausage and nixing the onions).

This is a really simple recipe, with not so many ingredients and you don't even have to cook the pasta first.

soaking the noodles before layering

The Boy likes this lasagna because it's full of sausages. I like this recipe because it doesn't use those rich, creamy cheeses like ricotta or cottage cheese.

the meaty sauce

first layer of sauce/cheese

With just the two of us eating this lasagna dinner, there was a lot left over.

Waiting to cool.

Two mornings after I made lasagna, one of The Boy's roommates greeted us with: "Um, we're gonna have to give you some money for that lasagna because we were hungry and that was some damn good lasagna."


I'm glad it was a hit all around!

No comments: