Tuesday, March 30, 2010

cookie scooper ease

I love kitchen gadgets, even if there really isn't a need for the gadget.  For example, you can easily use your hands and fingers and two spoons to scoop out cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, but this process can sometimes leave your hands messy because you have to use your fingers to dig out the cookie dough from the spoons if the dough refuses to separate from the spoon.  Or, you can just use a cookie scoop -- one handed operation and keeps the hands cookie dough free!

The cookie scooper


I made this purchase a month ago, but haven't had a chance to actually use it.  I was really excited when I bought it.  And I was even more excited to give it a test run.  As mentioned above, I usually use two spoons to eyeball out a tablespoon of cookie dough.  Sometimes I would just use the tablespoon measuring spoon to measure out the dough, but in that scenario, the cookie dough usually got stuck in the measuring spoon.

cookie dough


For this test run, I decided to make coconut chocolate chip cookies because 1) I like coconut and chocolate chips, and 2) I had plenty of both in the cupboard that I needed to use up.  I used the recipe for mint-chocolate chip cookies, and obviously substituted the coconut for the mint.  And though this cookie dough looks really yummy, I still will not eat cookie dough.  Ever.  It's all just ewww.

look ma, no sticky hands!


Anyways, the cookie scoop worked like a charm. I was able to take a picture with one hand and scoop out cookie dough with the other!

cookie scoop = efficiency and ease


uniform scoops makes uniform cookies


And, after the baking was done, I got mostly uniform sized cookies.  Looks so pretty!

mostly uniform in size


But, cookie scoop or not, same size pretty cookies or not, these cookies were definitely yummy in the tummy.  I think there's only a few left, and I made two dozen last Friday! =)

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments: