Monday, March 09, 2009

PBR, QuikTrip and snow cones

PBR (professional bull riding) came to town again, so the girls and I decided to ditch law prom and go look at cowboy butts instead. (Click here for previous post about PBR.) This time, PBR was at the Sprint Center, the same place where I saw Janet Jackson in concert. It was interesting to see how they transformed the arena into a bull riding area filled with lots and lots of dirt. I sure hate to be the people cleaning up all that dirt afterwards.
The arena was PACKED full of fans (or people who had nothing else to do on a Saturday night). The show was also aired on television. I really liked the rodeo clown in this show because he provided all of the entertainment during the "commercials" and he was pretty funny with his singing and impersonations.

These were the best shots I could get of the bunking broncos. See that blue round thing? There were two "lucky fans" who won some contest and were able to watch the show from inside that blue thing. There was one bull to ran right into the blue thing, so the rodeo clown started asking those two fans if they saw their lives flash across their eyes. I'd be terrified of being anywhere that close to an angry bull.

This little boy above is a cowboy in training. He was so cute! He was dancing along to the tune of the music.

Like last time, we got our tickets as part of a family 4-pack that came with tickets and food. However, each ticket actually said "1 sandwich" instead of "4 hot dogs and 4 sodas" so we didn't luck out like last time when we were able to get 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas for each ticket. But the sandwiches were pretty good. They're from QuikTrip. I got the unhealthiest sandwich of all - the Classic Italian Sub - and it was yummy in the tummy.
The QuikTrip also had $1 slushes for 22 oz cups. I chose wild cherry flavor - something I haven't had since highschool. And I also topped off my dinner with a chocolate chip cookie. Yep, I was eating really healthy on that night.

I did stop short of ordering a snow cone, another thing that I haven't seen since high school. Look how pretty it is on the tray!

No comments: