Friday, March 13, 2009

cupcakes baby!

I made a second trip to Baby Cakes today and invested in four cupcakes for my sweet tooth cravings.
The selections for today:

Two chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
One red velvet cupcake with creamcheese frosting.
One vanilla cupcake with dulce de leche frosting.
I shared the cupcakes with the roommate. I split the red velvet and dulce de leche cupcakes in half and we each tried a half.

The red velvet cake is really moist and yummy. I thought the cream cheese filling could have been a little bit sweeter (it tasted a tiny bit sour so I hope that wasn't because the creamcheese had gone bad...).

The vanilla cake was also moist and yummy, and the dulce de leche frosting was caramelly delicious. There was just enough of a hint of caramel.

The two chocolate cupcakes are still sitting in the box waiting for us to devour later (perhaps after I finish this post).
cupcake photo art
Can't wait for my next trip back to Baby Cakes so I can try the rest of their selections.

2 comments:

HJolley said...

these look soooo good!! which one is your favorite????????? i must go try them!

q-pig said...

So far, it's still the chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting. Of course, there is still about ten flavors I have yet to try... =)