Saturday, March 28, 2009

freak snowstorm

Text message from me to The Boy: "It's snowing! Wah! And I just packed up the down comforter. :("

The Boy calls: How are you doing sweetums?

Me: Alright, considering.

The Boy: I'm wearing shorts.

Me: Shut up.

The Boy: It is SOOOO HOT outside right now. Going up to mom's house and she said it's scorching and I better wear shorts.

[side note: "hot" in SF means it is going to be in the 90s in Vacaville]

Me: It's snowing here. Shut up about the hot weather.

The Boy: I think I'm going to sit outside and soak in some sun.

Me: Okay, that's enough. I'm hanging up.

The Boy: Stay warm over there! I know I'll be warm.

Me: *click*
The weatherman on Channel 12 kept saying that the Colorado storm was coming our way, but I kept wishing that it wouldn't happen. I was hoping not to wake up to seeing a bunch of snow outside my window. And when I woke up this morning, I thought my wish was coming true because I woke up to pouring rain outside my window. Then as I was doing my reading for the week, I suddenly realized that it was quiet. Thinking that the rain had stopped, I looked out my window to see falling snow!

And now I have the heater on because my two sweaters, fleece pants and socks just aren't warm enough.

No comments: