Sunday, April 27, 2008

camera phone capabilities

I went for a run to the grocery store this morning, wanting to fit in some sort of exercise during the finals cram time. Of course my first final exam is tomorrow, and I should probably spend as little time away from the Federal Rules of Evidence as possible. That's why I decided to run to the market, buy some necessities to feed the brain, and catch the bus back. I figured I'd be done in an hour, tops (15 minute run to the grocery store, 15 minutes inside, catch the 1:20 bus and be home by 1:25).

So then I left the house and started running. I ran for a good 5 minutes until I got distracted by this beautiful flowering tree. I didn't have my camera on me and the only thing I had was my phone. The camera phone works pretty well for taking pictures from a distance. But, as you can see below, the camera phone doesn't do well with taking pictures up close. I didn't get the effect I wanted from this flowering tree (which I don't even know what kind of tree it is, but the purplish pink flowers were gorgeous).

This picture below would have been perfect if it a bit clearer and you could actually see the details of the flower.
So after that little 5 minutes distraction with the flowering tree, I commenced my running and ran for another 10 minutes before I got distracted by tulips in bloom. See, in this picture, the grocery store is just beyond this parking lot. But the flowers were so pretty, I had to take out my phone again and use the camera to take a picture (mainly because I wanted to use the picture as the wallpaper on my phone because the red tulips would match the red phone). This picture turned out so much better than the ones above.
So, I finally get to the grocery store and looked at my watch, 1pm. The bus comes at 1:20, so I had a good 20 minutes to dash around, get the stuff I needed, check out and run to the bus stop. Like a mad woman with her iPod in her ears, I quickly ran throughout the store and got some milk, fruit, cottage cheese and some frozen dinners (I get lazy during finals and the microwave becomes my best friend). I checked out, got everything bagged and ran to the bus stop. Looked at my watch and it was exactly 1:20. There was another man at the bus stop and he said he had been waiting for 5 minutes, so I thought I made it on time because he obviously didn't miss the bus either.

Well, I waited and waited and waited, and the man eventually left thinking he'd get home faster. I looked at my watch and it said 1:30pm. I looked at the bus schedule and the next bus was supposed to arrive at 1:50. So I figured I could walk/jog and be home in 20 minutes instead of sitting there waiting for the bus for 20 minutes. So, with my two bags of grocery, I set out for a fast walk home (I attempted jogging, but the groceries became too heavy for me to keep jogging).

Guess what happens next? I didn't get home in 20 minutes. I was about 4 blocks away from home when the darn bus drives by and passes me.

Oh well, I got a good hour and 30 minute workout from all that walking/jogging/running/carrying groceries. Still, I wish I had a car.

No comments: