Sunday, April 06, 2008

bad puppy part 2

Remember Beau, the puppy who is not allowed on beds? Well, he still hasn't learned.

Beau decided to share my bed with me one night when I was at L&G's for spring break. I usually sleep with the door closed, because I don't want Beau jumping on me in the morning. However, this one night, I woke up at 2 a.m. to go to the little girl's room. The door to the bedroom was left open.

As I was walking back towards the bedroom, I noticed there was a different smell to the room -- a doggie smell. I looked at the bed and guess who was in it? Beau. Right smack in the middle of the bed, and he even snuggled himself under the covers.

I laughed. Then I tried to pull him off the bed, which he did not want to do. He did everything he could to just make himself ten times heavier. I dragged him off, fearing that I was also choking him at the same time, all the while whispering loudly, "Get off, Beau. OFF. GET OFF!" Somehow, I finally managed to pull him off the bed, but he wouldn't get out of my room. He snuggled up to the side of the bed, gave me those puppy dog eyes that said "Please, can I jump back into the nice warm bed?" and kept wagging his tail. I kept telling him to get out of the room so I could close the door, but then I just hopped back into bed and ignored him, hoping he would take the hint. After a few minutes, Beau left the room and I hopped up to close the door.

And because this was all happening at two in the morning, I was not awake enough to grab the camera. But here are pictures of Beau in the process of destroying his new chew toy.




And when I woke up the next morning to tell L & G about how Beau jumped into my bed the night before, they both laughed and said they heard the whole commotion. They just kept laughing until they fell back to sleep.

Glad I could give them a midnight laugh fest.

No comments: