Thursday, July 12, 2007

response to previous post

Okay, I just wanted to respond to the two comments from the previous post regarding the stereotype that if you're Vietnamese, you must work in a nail salon.

#1. Yes, it's true. I did work in a nail salon at one point in my life. Note the word "did", as in "the past" as in "not anymore." Although, my parents insist that I continue to renew and keep current my nail technician license. So technically, if I wanted to, I could still legally provide manicure services in the state of Massachusetts.

However, the fact that I used to do nails does not mean that the stereotype is true for every Vietnamese. Especially a Vietnamese who is wearing a very nicely tailored suit jacket and skirt and does not look like she is headed for work at a nail salon.

Okay, then.

#2. Yes, it's been a very bad week -- mood wise. So yes, I'm a little more bitter than usual.

So shoot me.

No comments: