Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter Movie #5

After being stooped up studying for months and also being out of the country, I finally got out and saw a real movie, in a theater, with popcorn and soda oh my!

I really wanted to go see several summer blockbusters, but being in the location that I am, I really didn't know where the nearest movie theater was so I honestly thought I wasn't going to be able to see any movies for the rest of my summer. Luckily, I guess, I somehow became the "celebrity intern" and now have a list of attorneys to turn to when I need a ride somewhere. Of course, it's weird to just call up someone and say "hey, wanna go to the grocery store?" but at least it was easier on my stress level to know that there were people willing to take me places.


The first offer to go out was to join an attorney and her two boys to see the new Harry Potter movie Harry Potter movie. I tagged along, a bit worried that being surrounded by children would ruin my Harry Potter experience. They were good. They did not scream or throw a fit. I was happy.
...
Now, to the movie. It was just so weird to see such a grown up looking Harry. He was muscular, and he had such a big neck -- not characteristics of a 15 year old boy. If the other actors didn't grow at the same rate, I would have had a much harder time believing that this group of kids were supposed to be 15. Other than that, the movie was pretty good. I think they added a lot of stuff that didn't happen exactly in the book, so I have to get ahold of the book and reread it. Then I have to reread book #6 before I can start with book #7. Too bad all my Potter books are in a box in storage in Kansas City.
...
And I don't think Dumbledore is out of the picture yet. If He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named can keep coming back, so can Dumbledore.

No comments: