Thursday, January 26, 2006

Warmth vs. the Freezer

I left this:


for this:


Somebody give me a heater!



I'm visiting my family (mom, dad and lil bro) in Boston for four days. I haven't seen them in almost a year and plus it's the Lunar New Year, a very important holiday in our family. Still, I was not looking forward to the coldness that is Boston.

The plane ride on Jet Blue was great. Only one third of the red eye flight was full so I got a whole row to myself. I was able to lay down on all three seats and enjoy watching tv all night long if I wanted to. Yes, I was asleep for most of the flight, thanks to Unisom (note: don't take Unisom unless you can devote a full eight hours to sleeping. Otherwise, you'll feel really groggy when you force yourself to wake up.).

Okay, so it was really hot on the plane, then it was on in the airport at Boston. I figured that it must be warm outside if it was really hot inside. They don't usually turn the heat on that high inside airports, do they? Thinking I could handle the weather outside because it was so hot inside, I decided to go outside and wait for my dad. Wearing just a wool coat, I stood outside for thirty seconds before digging for my gloves, hat and scarves (yep, two scarves wrapped around my neck) because the cold was eating me up. And then after standing there for just two minutes in my warmth gear, I called my dad and said "I'm going back into the airport because it's too cold! Call me when you get to the terminal."

It was a good thing that I went back inside. My dad was stuck in traffic for thirty minutes. And this was at 7 in the morning! Sudoku kept me busy.

Now I'm in my fleece pajamas with the heat turned all the way up. I'm not venturing outside unless there's an earthquake and the building is going to fall down on me. Good thing there hasn't been any earthquakes in New England.

No comments: