Thursday, December 02, 2010

ABC Dim Sum

This is the first of a few "catch-up" posts as I have been a bit busy with worry about this thing and the Thanksgiving holiday.

So, sometime in early November, I went down to Fremont to do some shopping with YW.  What was supposed to be a day trip turned into a weekend shopping spree with YW and her mother.  It was fun and we got some pretty good deals with our purchases.

And with all that hard work shopping, you gotta feed the tummy!  Before starting our shopping bonanza, we stopped at ABC Seafood Restaurant for some dim sum.  YW is a frequent dining patron here, as she lives close to this place, and thus, this was my first time here.  

dim sum eats


The dumplings consisted of shiu mai - a pork/shrimp combo:
shiu mai


xiao long bao - a Shanghainese dumpling where there is soup inside the dumpling, so you have to put the whole thing in your mouth or risk getting soup being squirted out when you bite:
xiao long bao


ha gow - a shrimp dumpling.
har gao


Then we needed some veggies, well at least this one, which is cailan aka Chinese broccoli.
cailan


This is wu gok, or taro cake. It's a savory sweet dish that's also fried!
wu gok


What I like to call the mini version of a BBQ pork bun, but this is not really a bun and it's not doughy. It's a pastry version of the classic pork bun.
cha siu so


We also had some beef rice porridge with fried dough pieces. I think I was quite full by this point.
rice porridge with fried dough


But of course, I had to indulge in my guilty pleasure, the fung chao. I only eat this in the company of Asian friends because most of them non-Asian peeps are grossed out by this dish. More for me!
fung chao

If I had a car, I'd definitely go back to ABC for more of their food. They're also located in a stripmall consisting of all things Asian, so it's like a one-stop shop for any kind of Asian fare as well as groceries, tapioca drinks, cleaners...

No comments: