Tuesday, December 08, 2009

stuffed cupcakes

I am taking a break from studying (even though I have an exam in 3 hours, I need a mental brain break right now) to share with you my memories of some very yummy stuffed cupcakes.

Yes, I said stuffed cupcakes. What are they? Does the name not imply the meaning? These are cupcakes that have a creamy stuffing inside the cake! See, that wasn't so hard was it?

I was introduced to these stuffed delicacies while I was spending Thanksgiving with my first-year roommate J at her home in Nutley, New Jersey. The place is called The Petite Cafe and it used to be a hamburger joint with a little cupcake counter. Then the cupcake craze took over and now the place has a giant cupcake counter. I think they still serve hamburgers.
mmmm, looky at all the pretty cupcakes!
I had a really hard time deciding on which cupcakes to try (J let me choose four!), but finally decided on the Chocolate Kismet (peanut buttery chocolatey goodness!)...
...the Cool Runnings (something with mango in it)...

...I think a plain vanilla with chocolate filling...

...and a Red Velvet.
And this is what a stuffed cupcake looks like once you dissect it.
The cake was very moist. The red velvet frosting could have been a little better, and the filling was just the cream cheese frosting, so it was like eating a double dose of frosting. The Cool Runnings with mango flavor was really yummy, I recall that the mango filling was actually different from the vanilla frosting but I could be wrong (I've been suffering from a cold and all tastebuds have been MIA). The Kismet was just delicious due to the fact that it was chocolate. And the vanilla was good for something so ordinary.

I asked J to send me 30 stuffed cupcakes for my 30th birthday next year. Let's see if she comes through with it. ;-)

1 comment:

likadavirgo917 said...

OHHHH yummy. i am also taking a break from doing last minute projects and studying for finals but these cupcakes look oh so yummy. Good luck on your finals!!!