Thursday, December 10, 2009

more pottery painting fun

I'm taking another mental brain break by quickly posting about some photos I had from pottery painting that I realized I never uploaded to the blog.

In honor of L's birthday, I took her to Color Me Mine so we could have some girl bonding creative time in eating cupcakes and painting pottery.

This picture here is of real cupcakes from my all favorite Georgetown Cupcakes. Not only are they pretty to look at, they were yummy in the tummy.
And true to cupcake enthusiasts, L chose a giant cupcake cookie jar to paint. It was huge, which you really can't tell in this photo. Let's just say that it was about 9 inches high and probably a good 9 inches in diameter.

And here is the finished cupcake cookie jar! Not sure if L actually keeps it at her office with candy in it.


For my painting project, I told L that I would do whatever she wants as that was my present for her birthday. The inspiration? This picture below with some minor color changes.
Here's what I was able to actually paint...
And the finished products! They're "large sushi plates," so L better have them out for display the next time I go to her place for dinner. (just kidding, L!)
I really love painting ceramics. Maybe I should actually try making some pottery first and then painting it. I wonder if there is a make-your-own-pottery studio around here that will teach me how to use one of those spinning wheel thingys.

No comments: