Monday, November 16, 2009

Vegas eats

So, back to my Vegas trip, this is a photo collection of the food I consumed from the start of my trip (waiting at the Dulles airport) to the end of my trip (waiting at the Dallas airport).

Upon arriving at Dulles, I had to get some lunch, which I decided to finally try out Potbelly because everyone in DC claims they have the best sandwiches ever.
The airport Potbelly's menu was rather short, but I decided quickly on an Italian sandwich with the works (minus the onions).
It's a blurry image because it's from my camera phone, but my gosh, this Italian sandwich was soooooooo goood! I was kinda sad when I finished the sandwich because I wanted the taste to linger a little longer.

During my first day in Vegas, I walked along the strip. The Boy had sent me this joke about how all you can eat buffets are not meant to be "all you can eat all day" buffets. I thought it was funny that I found this advertisement for an all you can eat all day long buffet and had to share it with him. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to sit at an all you can eat all day long buffet.


While walking through the Forum Shops at Ceasar's Palace, I came across this gelato stand.
YUMMY! All sorts of deliciousness! I really want to get a cup, but decided against it because I was (at that moment) anticipating a 6lb burrito dinner with the girls. The guy did let me taste as many samples as I wanted so I tried out a few before I felt guilty for taking advantage of the samples. I sampled the mango and pina colada -- both were delicious.

The next day, the girls and I planned to go to Paris for a breakfast buffet, but the lines were really long and we were really hungry, so we opted for quick lunch at another cafe inside Paris.
A couple of us ordered the Ham & Cheese Croissant. The croissant itself was ginormous, so the sandwich was really filling. The croissant was also nice and buttery. YUM!
We had a beverage/ice-cream break about half way through our walk along the Strip, and I ordered myself the Haagen-Dazs Banana Split Dazzler. And I ate the whole thing all by myself! It was a nice treat after all that walking (and with more walking ahead of us!).
Before our PBR Finals event, we had dinner at In-N-Out - the best burger place ever! It was actually my second In-N-Out meal in the two days that I was in Vegas. I can never say no to In-N-Out.

And then it was time to say good-bye to Vegas. I had a 6am flight with a connection in Dallas, so I slept the entire leg from Vegas to Dallas. Upon arriving in Dallas, I was starving, so I opted for Wendys for some lunch.
I ordered the Spicy Chicken Sandwich value meal. I really don't remember the last time I had Wendy's but it was a really good meal, perhaps because I was starving and any food would have been good.

And that concludes my Vegas eating adventures. I still want to see the 6lb burrito in person.

No comments: