Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving eats

I spent Thanksgiving at my first year college roommate's (J) home in Nutley, New Jersey. My dear friend, T was also there to celebrate with us.

J planned to cook the traditional American fare for dinner, while her mother planned on making some Chinese dishes to supplement. Her parent's friends also contributed some Chinese dishes for dinner. Below is a pictorial spread of our Thanksgiving eats.

J "salting" the turkey before it going into the oven. Below, the turkey in the oven for an hour.

The finished turkey (aka the one that didn't receive the presidential pardon).

J also debut this new appetizer - bacon wrapped dates then deep fried. Ohmygosh they were deliciousness! The sweet taste of the date balanced out the salty fried bacon. Perfect combination! I must try this out at Christmas dinner with The Boy and his family.


Cornbread Stuffing
Garlic, Bacon and Chives Mashed Potatoes
Braised Ox Tails

Chicken sauteed in soy sauce (I think)

Spinach and tofu

Lamb kebobs

Mashed potatoes and gravy

My dinner plate (I grabbed the turkey leg!)

Sauteed Shrimp

Celery and Lotus Blossoms

Steamed Chinese Broccoli and Oyster Sauce

Snap Peas and Variety of Mushrooms

The Final Dinner Spread

Almost forgot the baked yams.


Whipping up cream for the pumpkin pie.

Chocolate cake from Firehook Bakery.

Gosh, now I want to eat some of that turkey that J's mom packed for me.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! :)