Thursday, November 01, 2007

best sushi

Marking off another restaurant off the "Best of Kansas City" resturant guide, we decided to try another resturant tonight. After trying Korean, we decided for some Japanese: Friends Sushi.


I like sushi, but I don't eat the raw stuff. It all has to be cooked sushi for me. So we ordered the Spider Roll, Dragon Roll, Eel maki and a Spicy Tuna Roll because my dinner companion likes the raw stuff. (I tried a piece of the Spicy Tuna Roll and lathered wasabi on it hoping to mask the raw rish smell, but that plan didn't quite mask the raw fish texture and I had to force myself to swallow it.)


The rolls were delicious. And the price was not too bad--it wasn't cheap, but it didn't cost an arm and a leg either. The Dragon rolls were my favorite, because instead of avacodo, they used a slice of mango, which gave it a sweeter taste. The Spider Roll was yummy too, although why do they make Spider Rolls so big that you can't put an entire piece into your mouth? I had to bite each piece in half and then all the contents fell out, making it messy.



And for dessert, we ordered fried ice-cream. What we ate was fried batter with soupy vanilla cream inside. The serving was only a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream which probably wasn't large enough to withstand the heat of the fryer. Still yummy nonetheless.

No comments: