Tuesday, October 30, 2007

cookie debate with a chocolate twist

For your recollection, click here for Cookie Debate.

---------------

Today's conversation of the day:

The Boy: If you give up chocolate for a month, I'll talk to you for ten straight hours.

Me: Umm.

The Boy: Ohmygosh, is that not what you wanted? Me to talk to you for longer periods of time?!

Me: Yeah, I want you to talk to me, but not for TEN HOURS STRAIGHT.

The Boy: Okay, I'll talk to you for two hours every night if you give up chocolate for a month.

Me: Okay. Deal.

The Boy: No, no, I got the real deal here.

Me: Yes?

The Boy: If you can give up chocolate and salt*, I'll give you an engagement ring.

Me: Seriously? How long do I have give up chocolate and salt?

The Boy: Let's say a year. If you can give up chocolate and salt for a year, I'll give you an engagement ring.

Me: How do I know if you'll actually keep your word after a year?

The Boy: Well, that's the easy part. How do I know if YOU actually kept YOUR word? It's harder for me to moniter what you're eating when we're thousands of miles apart.

Me: That's easy, I'll be a lot more cranky if I don't have my daily dose of chocolate. So if I'm suddenly happy one day, you'll know I cheated.

The Boy: Well, that's not a fair deal. I don't want to speak to someone who's cranky 24/7.

Me: You made the deal, mister.

The Boy: I'll never win.

Me: Yep, that's about right.

-----------

*In addition to chocolate cravings, I also have salt cravings, which usually leads me to eat tons of tostida chips, potato chips, or just pouring salt into my hands and licking it.

No comments: