Sunday, May 07, 2006

oh so sunny and me so sick

It's a beautiful Saturday morning.

The sun is out and shining brightly. It's about 70 degrees in the house, so it must be a lot warmer outside. The Boy opened the window and there's a slight breeze flowing through the bedroom. And it's all so peaceful and quiet. It's only 11:00 a.m. and there's a whole day ahead of us to bask in the sunlight and enjoy the spring weather, maybe even get a tan....

Well, at least one of us got to do that. The Boy that is.

I, on the other hand, was curled up in a ball on the bed, crying for mercy because my entire body was aching with pain and the worst pain came from my throat, which felt like there was a fire burning on high. Everytime I swallowed it felt like I was trying to swallow a cup full of glass shards.

Having a sore throat is the most horrible thing to experience. Ever. I couldn't eat. Soup wasn't even satisfying to my stomach. It just hurt too much to swallow. I couldn't even fully enjoy the chocolate brownie sundae cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory but I had to order it because damnit who passes up cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory?!

I will need a replacement slice of cheesecake once my throat has healed itself. Yes I will. I'm thinking the oreo one will be good.

No comments: