Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hard Rock Cafe

The Boy and I were having lunch at Hard Rock Cafe at the Beverly Center in LA. I ordered the appetizer portion of chicken tenders and he ordered the BBQ ribs meal with fries, coleslaw and chili. We were going to share everything anyway so decided that one main dish and an appetizer should be enough for us since the waiter also warned us the portions were extra large.

About 15 minutes later, the waiter comes by with our orders and puts the plate of chicken tenders in front of me, and the plate of ribs in front of the Boy. Waiter walks away and I start digging into the chicken tenders but the Boy decides to switch the plates so that the chicken tenders are in front of him and the ribs are in front of me. Thinking that he's too lazy to cut apart the ribs, I start cutting it up myself so we both could just pick at the ribs.

Well, the waiter walks by again and does a double take because I now have the plate of ribs and the Boy has the smaller plate of chicken tenders.

Waiter: Umm, did I get the orders mixed up?

BF: No, you didn't. She just doesn't like to flaunt her eating abilities.

Me: Hey! I actually DID order the chicken tenders. You switched the plates.

BF: See, she says that, but she really did want the ribs. Look at her cutting into it.

Waiter: I got you. No worries. I like a girl who can eat. Don't be ashamed.

Me: I'm actually just cutting up the ribs for him because he can't do it.

Waiter: Ohh, she got you there.

BF: Wait till you see who actually eats all the ribs.

Me: hardy har har

...about 20 minutes later....

Waiter: I see you both finished here. Any room for dessert?

Me: Good. Gosh. No. More. Room.

Waiter [looking at the Boy]: I see you finished your plate of ribs. No wonder you must be full.

BF: Yeah, them ribs were good. And she enjoyed her chicken tenders very much, thank you.

Me: Bring the check. He's paying for this humiliation he's trying to bring upon me.

Waiter: You're a good woman.

No comments: