Sunday, April 19, 2009

spin pizza

There's a new pizza joint near my apartment called SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza. There's a giant SPIN! sign on their building so at first I was super excited there was a business dedicated to spin classes. Upon closer examination of the establishment, it was a pizza place.

CC and I decided to try it out for dinner on Friday. I was a bit confused as to whether this was a fast food place or an at-your-service place (at-your-service meaning we'll seat you and take your order at the table). So they had these really big menus that were really really nice to look at and ponder over. The only problem was that I was looking at the nice big menus while waiting in line, and I was not seated at a table. And we had questions about the menu, but felt awkward asking the questions because we were standing in line and we didn't want to hold the line up by asking the cashier a zillion questions. Anyway, so you order your food, and then you get a number so you can go seat yourself and the wait staff would bring the food out to you. The confusing part is that when I gave them my credit card to pay for the order, I was given a credit card slip that also had a tip line under the total. And the cashier said that it was an open tab so I could sign the credit card slip after we were done eating and then give the slip to the server. HUH? Why couldn't they have just seated us in the first place and then have someone wait on us, and then give us the final bill after all our eating? Anyway, I personally felt like this was worse than my pet peeve (the waiter bringing by the bill BEFORE I'm done eating or asked for it).

Anyway, so I wanted to try out a glass of their pinot sangria. And I was thirsty so I also ordered a diet Coke. Out came three glasses of beverages just for me (as shown above). Apparently, they always serve a glass of water in addition to whatever glass of alcohol you order. I drank it all. CC had a Sprite.

For our pizza selection, we shared a 12" Tre Carni, which consisted of pepperonis, Italian sausage and roasted meatballs (definitely for meatlovers). I really liked the crust because it was thin and crunchy. The Italian sausage was really yummy too.

Overall, the food is really good, although a bit pricey for "fast food". I suggest that they change the way they currently take orders and just use the normal wait staff regime. I think The Boy might like this place though, so I'm excited to take him here when he comes out to KC for my graduation (16 days in counting!).

No comments: