Friday, December 05, 2008

baking the day away

Being done with finals, I have nothing productive to do. I feel a little at a loss because I should be reading for class or checking things off my to-do list for school.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. I kept myself busy today with baking. The original goal was to make Ginger Pumpkin Bread for girls night tonight, and then I was craving chocolate chip cookies so I made that too. For some odd reason, the pumpkin bread turned out too dry and didn't even taste like pumpkin. I probably shouldn't have used a can of pumpkin puree that was a year old (the expiration date on the can said April 2009!). Oh well, the cookies turned out well. Hope the girls like them.

In between batches of cookies, I was also researching the Disney World website. "Why?" you ask? Courtesy of The Boy--he's giving me a long weekend in Orlando, Florida, for Christmas. And I just realized this is our first vacation where we actually go outside the state of California. I'm counting the days until I get to see Mickey and Minnie again (6 to go!)

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe -- Click HERE. I just didn't add any nuts to the batch I baked today.

No comments: