Sunday, March 02, 2008

family style, the Italian way

I always heard of the Italian Restaurant, Buca di Beppo, but never had a chance to try it out until this past weekend. People warned me that the servings were large, and it was family style eating, but I didn't realize how LARGE the servings were until after we ordered.


Above, is my "side order" of sphaghetti and "side order" of spicy sausage. I refrained from getting the side order of 1/2 pound meatball (the meatballs were HUGE when a waiter walked by with another table's order of the meatballs).

Below, is the "side order" of fetteccini alfredo. I'm putting side order in quotes because according to our waiter, a side order is sufficient for a single serving. It was not, it was twice that. I could have shared my dinner with another person.


Above, the chicken parmeson, which looked really tasty. The couple of the evening were the only ones who was actually eating "family style" because they shared this dish, along with a side of sphaghetti.

Below, the only one at the table to eat dessert ordered the apple crostata. Even dessert was served with the purpose of sharing. Now, if I wasn't cold and hungry for some warm food, I might have eaten a whole dessert myself. We'll have to test that theory out next time.
And the entire time we were eating our giant size meal, C and I were fortunate enough to be seated in front of this picture. Imagine it being larger in size, and just staring at you in the face. It was quite disturbing. It was so hard to try and NOT look at it, that I kept looking at it. *shudders*

No comments: