Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Eggs

Last year, my birthday was on Easter and I went to Easter Service at a Presbyterian church. This year, Easter is starting off our spring break and I went to Easter Service at a Southern Baptist church. Boy, that was quite an experience. Hallelujah!

After church, L was preparing Easter dinner and she wanted me to decorate hard boiled eggs. I haven't dyed Easter eggs since I was ten years old, but I'll do anything artsy that involves getting my hands dirty.
So we boiled the eggs and then I prepared the colors, 1/2 cup warm water plus 3 tbsp vinegar and a tablet of dye. Turns out the red is really orange, and blue and green dyes the best.

I used the wax crayon to draw on the eggs before dipping it in the dye. It's kinda hard to draw on a white egg with a clear wax crayon and not be able to see what you just drew. Turned out okay, I guess. At least you can tell this one is a flower.

The plate of finished eggs, sitting and drying. There was a weird looking rabbit that I drew -- it was kinda sadistic looking. Oh well, I'll be breaking up the eggs and making egg salad in about an hour.

Happy Easter!

No comments: