Saturday, January 08, 2011

bass pro shop

During my visit to KCMO, D and I went to Bass Pro Shop, the Wal-Mart for outdoorsmen.

Bass Pro Shop


No, we didn't need to buy any hunting gear. Our intention was to go there for lunch, and then I could be the city girl who goes "ohmygosh - there's a stuffed bear!!" which I did for all of 15 minutes before the awe of taxidermy lost its appeal.

See, lots of pictures of stuffed animals!

Moosehead
moosehead


Life size bear
rawrrr


Even little critters
critters


Taxidermy in action
what out little wolf!


Not all things in this store were stuffed. There was a tank of live fish too.

that's one huge fish!


And that fuzzy thing in the bottom right corner is the 103 lb Bessie.
that blob is Bess, the largest catfish in the tank


After D finished leading me through the aisles of dead animals, we made it to our lunch spot, Fish Company Restaurant, where there were also fishies hanging from the ceiling, but they looked more plastic than stuffed.



Lunch was pretty good, but then fried food is always good.

Fresh bread from the oven with cinnamon sugar on top - OHHHH SOOOO GOOOD
fresh bread


Fish and chips - the fish was sweet and flaky, and did not taste a bit fishy.
fish & chips


Popcorn shrimp
popcorn shrimp


Now I can say that I experienced all things country.

No comments: