Thursday, November 11, 2010

stone korean kitchen

Way back when (in January of this year), I purchased a couple of Groupons for Stone Korean Kitchen because I love Korean BBQ but a dinner for two usually became quite pricy.  Due to busy work/life schedule, I wasn't able to use the Groupon coupon until a couple of weeks ago, and Stone Korean did not disappoint.

A quartet of appetizers:

appetizers

My dinner date and I wanted to try everything on the menu because the menu descriptions were just that appetizing. After some hemming and hawing, we finally decided on the "ssam for two" in which we could select two proteins and a kind of soup.

ssam for two

Our protein choices included Kalbi

Kalbi

and pork belly, which was so delicious and also deliciously fattening/artery blockade on a plate.

BBQ Pork Belly

We chose the kim chi soup.

kim chee jigae

In addition to these selections we made, there were also two bowls of rice, a mushroom side dish, a plate of lettuce leaves for wrapping and a selection of sauces to top off on our lettuce wraps.  The kalbi was really nice and bbq'ed to just the right tenderness.  I usually like to go to Korean BBQ joints where you can grill the food yourself, but after a long day at work, having the meet already grilled was a good way to end the day.

I still have one more groupon for Stone Korean that I need to use by the end of the year.  But even without the groupon, I might be stopping by again for some happy hour eats.

No comments: