Wednesday, May 26, 2010

chocolate infused goodness

Yes, yes, I know, it's been forever since I posted. I've been kinda busy, you know with packing and graduating and moving and all. And then trying to find a job and trying to find space in The Boy's closet for my clothes to stay temporarily.

Anyways, today's post is about Co. Co. Sala, a restaurant that specializes in adding chocolate to almost everything on their entire menu (cocktails and hot chocolate are to die for!). L first introduced me to brunch at Co. Co. Sala. And then L and I went again for dinner to introduce the place to L's man friend. And then I had to take my friend there for dinner. And then of course The Boy came out for my graduation so I had to take him there for brunch.  Yep, I ate there four times in the last nine months!  But alas, no more Co. Co. Sala for me because it's only in Washington, DC.  They should totally open up a restaurant in SF.

We started off with drinks - The Boy had an mimosa while I had the mocha french press coffee because the place was freezing inside and I needed the caffeine.

Mocha French Press Coffee

Coffee was yum.

Mocha French Press Coffee

We each ordered from the prix fixe menu, which comes with an appetizer, entree and dessert. This was our appetizer - I don't remember the name of it, but it tasted like warm chocolate cake. Chocolate cake as an appetizer? Bring it on!

Warm chocolate something appetizer

It looks ginormous in these pictures, but it was really just the size of a truffle.

Warm chocolate something appetizer

The Boy's selection from the prix fixe menu was the Bacon, Ham & Egg Flatbread:

Ham, Egg & Bacon Flatbread

This was probably the only thing that didn't have chocolate in it, but it was really tasty nonetheless. This savory dish went well with my chocolate pick. Plus, I think this dish has a lot less calories than my dish.

Savory goodness

I chose the Banana Smores French Toast.

Banana Smores French Toast

Need I say more? This was soooooo sweet and delicious. And it wasn't just a food coma in the making. It was a chocolate induced food coma.

Chocolatey goodness!

And then came dessert. I thought we each were allowed one choice of dessert per person. But the waiter came out with a selection of four different kinds of dessert and said we each could have two. So I asked for all four. =)

Dessert

Chocolate Ganache Cake - my favorite!

Chocolate Ganache Cake

Strawberry Creme Brulee

Creme Brulee

Fruit Tart

Fruit Tart

Chocolate Mousse -- it was good, but won't eat it again.

Chocolate Mousse

And that is all for now, my friends. I must go get my beauty rest. Good night!

No comments: