Sunday, October 04, 2009

the week in food

For dinner one night, I was finally able to bake this tilapia over crab pre-made meal I bought from Trader Joes. And since I was using the oven to make dinner instead of cookies, I thought I'd through in some cut potatoes and roast them with olive oil, salt and pepper. It was a pretty good meal, even if I didn't make the whole thing. The tilapia was tasty and sweet, especially with the crab meat the tilapia was wrapped around. I especially liked the fact that I could throw everything in the oven, set it for 25 minutes, and go do other stuff while I waited for dinner to be cooked.

I went to another Smithsonian museum this week - the National Museum of Natural History (more photos about the museum are forthcoming). We got there at 10:30am and walked around two floors before we had to take a lunch break. We could have left the museum and eaten off site but neither of us knew what was around the area and we didn't want to use too much effort to find food. So we ended up eating at the Atrium Cafe. The prices, of course, were exorbitant and the quality was okay. I ended up getting the chicken tenders and fries, and added an apple to make it look healthy.
We managed to finish looking at everything at the Natural History Museum by 3pm and we wanted to watch the 6pm IMAX showing of Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, so we had to kill 3 hours. After going to the National Archives for an hour, and then me buying a new phone, AL saw a Fuddruckers and wanted to have dinner there before we went back to the museum for the movie. What a good idea!
Above: my 1/3 lb burger naked. Below: my 1/3 lb burger with all my favorite toppings: pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos, ketchup and mustard.
Yeah, it was a good week in food. The best part of all this eating is that when I weighed myself at the gym today, I lost 3 pounds! Booyah!

No comments: