Thursday, January 24, 2008

go away freaking cold weather

It has been really really REALLY cold here. I can't stand it anymore so am now going to whine about it in hopes that the weather god will give me some sunshine.

The weird part with this weather was that when I got back to KC on New Year's day, it was cold. But then, all of a sudden, the temperature got really really warm. I was wearing my down coat one day, and the next I was running around in just a t-shirt -- that's how warm it was. And it was such a nice feeling to be free from being all bundled up with layered clothing, scarves, hats and gloves. Sadly, the warmth only lasted a few days.

And now we're back to this freezing coldness.

I had to go to the post office the other day to mail off 40+ resume packets to SF and the temperature was so cold, I think my ears were about to fall off. The post office is only two blocks away from where I live, so I figured if I run, I'll keep warm. Not so true, the harder I ran, the more it hurt to breathe in the frigid air! I felt like I was going to have a heart attack in the middle of the street. And then my legs were getting cold from just standing in the middle of the street to catch my breathe. It was awful.

This morning, I had to get up and go to spin class at the school's gym. Initially, I didn't want to get out of bed at all because it was so cold. I would stick a foot out from under my blankets to see how cold it was and immediately my foot retreated itself back under the covers. But since I committed myself to the spin classes by paying for it, I was going to get my freezing butt out of bed and trek through the cold to get my $48 worth of spin class. And I did it.

Now I'm sore in addition to being cold.

Damn winter, go away and let spring come already. I'm done with the cold. Give me some warmth please.

Thank you very much.

No comments: