Sunday, September 02, 2007

home cooked food

I love cooking. My new roommate likes cooking too. So we decided to make some food and have a small dinner get-together.**

I made Vietnamese Spring Rolls, with peanut dipping sauce. Apparantly, I made super-size rolls because they were about twice the size a Vietnamese restaurant would serve. Nonetheless, they were yummy. I'm not just tooting my own horn either. I have witnesses!
... ... ...

My new roommate made pork dumplings from scratch. Not just the filling, even the dough! I am the lazy one and would have just gone to the market to buy premade wonton wrappers to make the dumplings, but my roommate prefers homemade dough. She made 150 dumplings. We ate about 90 dumplings for dinner. The rest are in the freezer. I wonder what we're going to have for dinner tomorrow.

... ... ... ...

My friend CC made mini-cheesecake. I think that was better than spring rolls and dumplings combined. Of course I filled my gut.

.... .... .... .... ....

**To those of you who know me and am currently thinking "Why didn't I get invited to dinner!?" don't blow a gasket. We have a small apartment with limited seating. I promise there will be more dinners to come. And you'll eventually get invited as long as you bring the cheesecake.

No comments: