Sunday, August 19, 2007

2L here I come

The beginning to 2L starts tomorrow and I think I screwed myself over when I registered for classes last spring.

For starters, I'll be in school from 10am until 5:15pm tomorrow -- that's like ALL day! First, it's Civil Procedure II at 10am, then Fed Tax at 11am (which normally only goes until noon, but for some odd reason, the professor decided to extend the first class until 12:45pm -- grr). I'll have time to swallow some food and take a breather before going to an advanced torts class (Product Liability) at 2:30pm (also a class that is an eighty minutes class instead of the usual fifty minutes). The final class of the day is an international law class that goes from 4:00 to 5:15pm, which afterwards I will probably go home, eat dinner and watch tv until I crash. This schedule repeats itself on Wednesdays.

The good part, I think, is that I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays -- business organizations. Although, the class is at 8am and is two hours long. I think I will become a coffee addict this semester. Well, this will give me time to the reading for the marathon Wednesday classes (or it allows time for me to find a job where people will pay me to work).

I would like to have Fridays free, but I have an 11am class and a 2pm class. At least I can sleep in on Fridays, and then slack off for the rest of the afternoon.

A great plus this semester is that I now have "an office" at school. Okay, I share an office with another classmate, but still, it beats studying in the library with all the first years. Anyway, I can keep all my books in my office, keep my extra laptop power cord in my office, eat in my office, sleep in my office -- which all ensures that I will not have to lug a ton of books back home, my santuary where I just want to veg out in front of the TV.

And since I've been good in getting all of my first day assignments completed this morning, I am now going to watch Big Brother and see who Danielle nominates for eviction.

Go 2L!

No comments: