Wednesday, June 06, 2007

atypical shoe person

Guy: So, how many pairs of shoes do you have now?

Me: Hmm...well, including this pair of flip flops I bought in Beijing, I have three pairs.

Guy: Only three?

Me: Yep.

Guy: Huh. That's very atypical.

Me: What? Atypical?

Guy: Yeah, you're an atypical kind of shoe person.

Me: I'm an atypical kind of shoe person? Well, how many shoes did you pack for this trip? I didn't want to pack my entire closet of shoes, although I really wanted to.

Guy: Ohhhhh, you only have three pairs of shoes in Beijing?

Me: Yes. Didn't you ask about how many pairs of shoes I have right now?

Guy: I meant how many you had at home, back in the states.

Me: Oh. Well, in that case, I think I have about thirty pairs of shoes, which includes everything from dressy to summer to running shoes.

Guy: That's a good amount.

Me: Am I still atypical?

Guy: No, you're just a normal girl now.

No comments: