Wednesday, August 18, 2010

eat at gott's

A friend and I went to Napa one weekend to go wine touring/tasting (we actually just wanted to get out of the city).  We were aiming to get to Beringer's by 11am to go on one of their VIP tours, but we didn't make it to Napa by 11, so we had to postpone the tour to 4:30pm.  Which meant that we got to feed our rumbling tummies.

KW chose to go eat at Taylor's Automatic Refresher, which is now known as Gott's Roadside.  He said that he saw Taylors Automatic Refresher on the Travel Network* once, went to try it out and really liked it.  I have to agree with KW that the food was pretty awesome, even if the name has changed.

Eat At Taylor's


The "EAT" stands for "Eat at Taylor's". Different name, same food and atmosphere.

Early Napa Lunch


Our food: Two burgers, onion rings and garlic fries.

burgers


I forgot what kind of burger KW ordered, but I ordered the Texas Burger, which had jack cheese, salsa, mayo and pickled jalapenos. YUMMY!

onion rings & green garlic fries


Did I mention we had garlic fries? Yep, those green specked covered fries are the garlic fries. I was wondering how garlic can be green. KW told me that it's "green garlic," as in when the garlic bulbs start sprouting, that's the green garlic. Um, I just looked at the menu, and it says the garlic fries are covered in "garlic butter and parsley."  Me thinks the green is parsley, KW.  But to give KW credit, he is actually correct about the fact that there is such a thing as green garlic, as you can see by clicking here.

And, this is the only diner I know that has a whole wine list on their menu. Only in wine country, California.  They also have a location at the Ferry Building in SF.  Guess who's going there for lunch or dinner soon???

*I just did a search and I think the diner was featured on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" in Episode DV0109 entitled Retro.  I cannot stand watching Guy Fieri's show, so not really sure what he said about it.  And there's no link to a description of his episodes.

No comments: