Tuesday, June 22, 2010

my alter ego

I started temping as a legal secretary for a small insurance law firm about a month ago. A couple of weeks ago, one of the firm's vendors stopped by to drop off cookies for the other secretaries/paralegal at the office. He gave me four cookies that were individually wrapped and had a white label that included the vendor's info and the name of each secretary/paralegal he wanted to give the cookies to. There was one for every secretary/paralegal at the firm, except there was none for me.

He then apologized for not having a cookie for me. I said it was okay since I was a temp and he didn't know I was working there. But he said that he was going to come back with a cookie just for me.

And he came back and gave me this:

Cookie Monster


I laughed. How did he know that the Cookie Monster is my alter ego? I have never talked to the guy before and yet he came back with a Cookie Monster sticker on the cookie, and even had the words "OMONOMONOMOMOM" on it. What an funny coincidence. Too bad the cookie he gave me (Cinnamon Sugar Cookie) didn't taste too good (how can cookies taste bad, right?).

No comments: